How to Invest in AFC Asia Frontier Fund (LUX)
Asia Frontier Capital Limited is a Luxembourg domiciled SICAV fund and is a parallel fund to the AFC Asia Frontier Fund (Non-US), a Cayman Island fund, and is open for non-US investors only.
Subscription to the funds is available on a monthly basis and closes 5 working days prior to the last day of each calendar month. There are 2 share classes and the fund base currencies are USD, CHF and EUR.
Invest Directly with AFC
To invest directly in AFC’s funds you will need to:
- complete the subscription documents
- provide KYC information
- arrange a funds transfer of the investment amount
Whilst there are many ways to gain access to our funds, we generally advise potential investors to invest directly into the AFC Asia Frontier Fund, AFC Iraq Fund or AFC Vietnam Fund. The advantages compared to investing through a bank, platform or other provider include:
- No brokerage fees when subscribing to the funds
- No custody fees during the holding period
- Investors will receive a monthly update with number of shares held and latest NAV (can also be used for tax purposes in many countries)
- Investors will receive ad-hoc information such as the audited annual report
Invest via your Bank
You can enquire with your bank as to whether they have an established relationship with Asia Frontier Capital or access to our funds via another mechanism. Occasionally some investors have been trying to invest through their bank however some of the banks declined the order for unknown reasons.
In such a case, you should inform your bank that the following companies can provide fund execution services:
- Brown Brothers Harriman, New York (http://www.bbh.com)
- CITCO Global Securities Services Ireland (http://www.citco.com)
- Clearstream (http://www.clearstream.com)
- "FundSettle platform" of Euroclear, Brussels (https://my.euroclear.com)
- SIX Securities Services, Olten (http://www.six-securities-services.com)
- Societe Generale Securities Services Luxembourg (http://www.securities-services.societegenerale.com)
- Vidacos Nominees / Citibank London
These fund service providers have already invested in one of our funds on behalf of their clients.
Invest via a Fund Platform, Insurance Company or Nominee Provider
The AFC Asia Frontier Fund has already been included on various fund platforms:
- Friends Provident fund platform (http://www.fpinternational.com)
- Generali fund platform (http://www.generali.com)
- Old Mutual fund platform (http://www.oldmutualinternational.com)
- IFSAM - International Fund Services & Asset Management S.A. (http://www.ifsam.lu)
We have received enquiries from clients regarding other fund platforms and the majority of platform providers indicated that they are able to begin their internal due diligence process on our funds when they receive a request from their existing clients.
Invest via your SIPP
UK investors can invest in AFC Asia Frontier Fund (Lux) through their SIPP.
|Class A||Class B|
|Management Fee||1.8% p.a. of NAV||1.5% p.a. of NAV|
|Performance Fee||10% NAV appreciation above 3
month USD LIBOR +2% and high
|8% NAV appreciation above 3
month USD LIBOR +2% and high
|Subscriptions||5 business days before month end||5 business days before month end|
|Redemptions||Monthly at NAV – with 90 days notice||Monthly at NAV – with 180 days notice|
|Fund Base Currencies||USD, EUR, CHF||USD, EUR, CHF|
|Initial Minimum Investment||EUR 125,000 or equivalent||EUR 125,000 or equivalent|
|Subsequent Minimum Investment (US & non-US Investors)||USD 5,000 for USD shares||USD 5,000 for USD shares|
|EUR 5,000 for EUR shares||EUR 5,000 for EUR shares|
|CHF 5,000 for CHF shares||CHF 5,000 for CHF shares|
|Valuation Day||Last day of each calendar month||Last day of each calendar month|
|Securities Numbers: AFC Asia Frontier Fund (LUX)|
|Bloomberg||LSAFAAE LX||LSAFABE LX||LSAFFAC LX||LSAFABC LX||LSAFAAU LX||LSAFABU LX|
Asia Frontier Investments Limited, a subsidiary of Asia Frontier Capital Limited, is licensed by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission "SFC" for Type 4 (Advising on Securities) and for Type 9 (Asset Management)
* By accessing information contained herein, users are deemed to be representing and warranting that they are either a Hong Kong Professional Investor or are observing the applicable laws and regulations of their relevant jurisdictions.